6.27.2009

My 1st 5k....

I did it. I ran/jogged my 1st 5k today. It was so hot and so hard, but I got it done. My goal was to finish it in under 45minutes. My time was 42:23. We arrived at the park around 730am. I got registered and got my number bib "626". We stretched and then there was a short wait before the run. Then the race began. I ran almost the entire way. I would have ran the entire thing except for the fact that I pushed it too hard up the last lil hill. I was so out of breath. I know I was busting my butt because this a.m at 630am i weight 210.8# and when I got home I weighed 208.8#/ That is a 2 lb loss even after eating a bagel, a banana, a small muffin, 1 pint of water, and a 12oz powerade.








I definitely felt a bit unprepared. I think my Nike plus does not keep accurate count of my running. I say this because when i got done running the 3.2 miles my nike + showed that I had run 3.9 miles. So I had an overinflated sense of what how far I could run. Talk about disappointment.

But I disgress. I did it and now I can do it again. I will get faster in time. I have only just begun to really do this and I need to recognize that these things take time.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on such an accomplishment. Looks like you had a great time doing it to. You should be really proud of yourself.

    As for your question on my blog. I had to take a break from running as I've done something to my ankle. I'm really looking forward to starting again though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Great job. It is hot today and running outside is super difficult. You should be EXTEMELY proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and the 5K that is a wonderful accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo!!! Drink lots of water and have an active rest day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! That is SO amazing! I'm totally proud of you! Way to go...thats a truly awesome accomplishment! Your family must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I am inspire. I will shoot for one of those when the weather get cooler. Wow...Congrats! That is a real awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just started reading your blog. I did my first 5K race yesterday! Congrats to you! Awesome job!

    When my 5K was done, my nike+ said that I was at 3.32 miles. I think a re-calibration might be in order.

    ~WBS (http://slowdeepbreaths.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!!! GO STORMY!!!

    I'm so happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Check a few of my Fav Blogs

Follow by Email-You'll get an email everytime I updated my little spot in the blog-o-sphere