12.13.2009

Forced Fitness

I was talking with hubby about how I feel like I do better with deadlines loomin over me. Like I made it to the gym with few excuses when I was training for my 1st 5k. I think I need that kinda pressure. SO I started looking up some 5k. Yes winter 5ks. I don't plan on running them but just walking would be enough for me. Just enough to keep me focused and feeling active.

Here is what I am thinking.
Resolution Run... Ok it'd be a walk, but I would do it just the same. January1st 2010. How cool would that be...? I think it'd be awesome if maybe my 12yo daughter and I did it together.
Resolution Run

February 2010
STILL LOOKING


March 2010
2010 Atlanta Women's 5K

4 comments:

  1. OHH YOU ARE SO GOOD WITH ALL OF THAT RUNNING! How do you keep it up in the cold winter? I use the winters to pack on the winter warmth!!
    YOU GO GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE THIS. that you are picking a race with the goal of just keeping moving and feeling active.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your great blog! I agree completely agree with having a 'deadline' looming over me....I seem to do much better if I know there is a specific event coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way. I need something pushing me to do it. For me I lost 40 pounds to fit into a dress for a wedding that I bought two sizes to small. I had to lose the weight. It was either lose the weight or look like an idiot when the dress didn't fit. I was so close to looking like an idiot but I worked my butt off to lose the last ten pounds the month of the wedding. Ever since then I have been much more relazed about my eating and exercise. I need something to give me that push. Maybe I should be looking for a 5 K to run. I am so scared to do this but it would be a good incentive.
    Thanks for putting it in my head.

    Good luck with your 5K.

    ReplyDelete

Check a few of my Fav Blogs

Follow by Email-You'll get an email everytime I updated my little spot in the blog-o-sphere