1.02.2010

Resolution Run-Done


I completed my 2nd 5k and my 1st one of 2010.
Yay me.
:-)

This one was quite different from the 1st one that I trained for. To say the least I felt the difference. I haven't been working out much and I did this one with my 12 yo daughter. She heard me talk about it and asked if she could do it with. I was pretty sure she would not be able to run most of it but I didn't want to discourage her. So I allowed her to do it with me. It was on January 1st at 12pm. It was in the 30's that a.m.

There was hundreds of runners at this annual event. It was put on by the Atlanta Track Club. It always feels ackward to be around so many fit people. I look forward to the day when I fell like I belong. I don't feel unwelcome there....just outta place. But I won't be outta place for long..that is for sure. My final time was 54:28. That time was 12 minutes slower than my 1st 5k. But I figured it would be. I was 53 out of 55 participants in my age group. I was very dissappointed I was so far down. I did, however, run much less than I wanted because I did not want to leave my daughter to face her 1st 5k on her own. Her time was 1 second faster than mine. She placed 35 out of 35 in her age group.

I think this was eye opening for her. I also think it was a confidence builder. I want her to realize that she is capable of doing anything she sets her mind to.

I am contemplating joining the Atlanta Track Club. A family membership is only $60. I think it would be great if the entire family started running. I saw several little kids doing the 5k and the 10k. I know that good fitness for my family starts with my example.

I go back to work this week after being off for 2 wks. I am still trying to wrap my mind around it. I will blog more later when I am not so sleepy.

6 comments:

  1. Hey you did it girl!!! That's all that matters. Here's to a great 2010!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job girl! One of my goals is to run a 5K this summer. I'm a little nervous but that's okay. I bet you are very proud of yourself for doing it again. And I think it's way cool you did it with your daughter. You're setting a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 12 yr old did my 1st 5K with me back in April... this year I plan on BOTH of us running some of it and getting better time than we did last year (I think we finished in 51 minutes?)

    What a great way to start the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get back on my 5K training. That's great that you guys ran the 5K together and you didn't leave her. GREAT JOB ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome you two! How great of you to do this with your daughter!! ~Happy New Year!!~

    ReplyDelete

Check a few of my Fav Blogs

Follow by Email-You'll get an email everytime I updated my little spot in the blog-o-sphere