10.23.2010

Gratitude

So I have been at this getting healthy thing for about 6 weeks this most recent time. I am learning alot about myself in the process.

EXERCISE--Can be fun.

WATER-----Can help curve cravings.

I LOVE Sparkpeople----because it gives me motivation & support.

The SCALE----- is not the only measure of success. Not that I mind seeing the number getting smaller.

I met with my wellness coach & did my 1st YMCA workout. I am seeing results but I sure wouldn't mind getting them faster. I am starting to realize that is where the rubber meets the road. That is what separates people who talk about getting healthy and those who actually do it.

You have to be able to stick it out. You have to resists daily. Change how you view food. Change how you value yourself. I didn't gain all this weight in 5 weeks, so I can;t take it off that fast either. You have to deal with why you over eat.

It is an interesting process. When I lost weight the other time, I was in such a different place. I did it for myself but I never looked at what put the weight on me. I think this weight gain was a combination of happiness & apathy. Which I know is a weird combination.

I have a great family. I love my husband & feel like I am so blessed to have the awesome kids that I have. But I suffer from a lack of gratitude sometimes. I often see glass half empty. It is heredity & I have been fighting against it my whole life.

SO I work on being thankful for everything.

With that being said I am thankful for my week and the weeks ahead.

By the way... I am down another pound.
232.2#

2 comments:

  1. What a great post and fantastic attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your loss and great post. You hit the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete

Check a few of my Fav Blogs

Follow by Email-You'll get an email everytime I updated my little spot in the blog-o-sphere