2.26.2011

What is home...?

I moved to Atlanta in the summer of 2007. I can still remember crying as we got on the highway. Scared and unsure of what my future held. I was newly married and 7 months pregnant. It was a very challenging time. Ever since I left Florida I have missed my friends. Missed the familiar. Going to the beach, eating at a good Cuban restaurant, shit like that.

There were times I would cry..just missing Florida. I just recently visited their and as much as things change... they stay the same. I squeezed in a few fun things... nails, hair, tattoo... and some quality time with my friends.

But it wasn't how I envisioned it. Every1 made like they missed me & we would hang out but it did not pan out like that. I was a bit disappointed, but then I realized i was going HOME to new life.

My new life is wonderful and I appreciate it now more since I was away than I did before. My life isn't perfect but it is perfect for me. I feel so blessed. As I lay here... i count the hours until I get back to my beautiful life.

2 comments:

  1. Browsing blogs this morning and wanted to say hi...I know what you mean...for the last year and a half, my daughter and I moved back to my hometown while my husband was deployed overseas...

    All my friends "couldn't wait" for me to get there so we could have lunches, drinks and all that crap...it NEVER panned out and I was there a year and a half...oh well...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome for the laugh;;) And I agree totally...by that point, all help is 99.9% of the time lost on them! Enjoy your week=)

    ReplyDelete

Check a few of my Fav Blogs

Follow by Email-You'll get an email everytime I updated my little spot in the blog-o-sphere