11.22.2011

CrossFit 101 - Day 1

I went to my 1st CrossFit class. To get to take regular classes at the 'gym' you have to go to Crossfit 101. CrossFit101 is a series of 3 consecutive classes to introduce you to the basics of CrossFit.

Here is how the 1st night went down. We are all newbies so that made me feel way more comfortable. There a total of 6 people including myself.... 2 guys and 4 ladies. Age range oldest person was 43 and everyone else was under but probably all in their 30s.

We warm up with these PCs poles while we introduced ourselves and told why we wanted to come to CrossFit.

I gave my name and said how I wanted to become a Bad Itch. .... especially since I am about to turn 40.

Next we did a series of 'basic activities'.....
  • air squat
  • push up
  • ring pull ups
Next followed a run. 800 meters total.
I was winded but I survived. I thought that I can do this.
I was in for a big surprise.

We find out that we still have the WOD. What is WOD? It is the Workout Of the Day... A set of exercises for us to complete as a group.

Our WOD was:
  • 200m run
  • 15 air squats, 15 push ups, 15 ring pull ups
  • repeat above
  • 200 m run
My time was 10min 28 seconds. I was exhausted when I was done.
It was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
I felt so great about doing it and not quitting.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl!! See, you CAN do this. Remember how good you feel right now. Happiness is always just a workout away. I am proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Check a few of my Fav Blogs

Follow by Email-You'll get an email everytime I updated my little spot in the blog-o-sphere