1.07.2012

MLK Day 5k


Monday, January 16th, 2012
Shops around Lenox Mall

Remarks:
Doing this run with my husband and the babies in tow. Excited even though I am unsure if I am even ready for it since I haven't ran at all in a very long while. This is definitely a baseline number.



Below are a few pics from my first 5k with hubby and the kids.
Our results:

664
Stormy Bradley
445
40
F
40-49
55:28
17:54/M
665
Clarence Bradley
447
36
M
30-39
55:29
17:54/M








I was 98th out of 103 in my age range.
Hubby was 70th out of 71 in his age range.
So my goal for the next 5k is 50minutes. But we shall see



Info taken from the website: 
----Gathering the diverse groups in our beloved community to celebrate Martin Luther King Day in the spirit of sisterhood and brotherhood with fellowship and fitness.


-----This 5K walk/run will start and finish at the Shops Around Lenox parking lot. The USATF certified race course and Peachtree Road Race qualifier will circle Lenox Mall and the Buckhead business district.

---This is a unique event that allows participants to register their school PTA, Church or other organization to receive proceeds from MLKDAY5K.http://mlkday5k.com/

4 comments:

  1. I tagged you in this post!
    http://a-new-poison.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag-youre-it.html

    :h:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome. You will do great and to have the family there will make it even better. Good luck with your runs/walks/jogs.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready or not its an awesome cause - enjoy it! Sounds really cool xx

    - DS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fantastic!! Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete

Check a few of my Fav Blogs

Follow by Email-You'll get an email everytime I updated my little spot in the blog-o-sphere