1.24.2012

No Time to Workout...? R u sure...



168 hours... that is how many hours are in a week. 
How much can you spare for your health..?

You cannot afford to miss working out.
We all know about the benefits of daily exercise .
So how can you MAKE time to exercise in your week.

I made a workout time chart for the entire 2012. I want to exercise 10,000 or so minutes this year. This about 165hours... or a little bit more than 3 hours a week. To some that may sound like a lot but to others it is just a drop n bucket. I am starting January 2012 with a goal 500 minutes. Then each month after that I raise the bar by 50more minutes. My plan is to get to the end of the year with some real exercise time under my belt. 

I know I will have obstacles and situations that arise, but I pray for the wisdom and support to be able to over come them. 

Are you working out enough...? How much is enough.. well that is up to you. 
The CDC recommendations vary based on your intensity level. 

I know how busy so many of us are, but I also believe we have to make ourselves a priority. 
So let's work together to help eliminate any excuses, barriers, etc. So that we can all give ourselves the gift of better health.

If you need/want help with working out a schedule. Let me know... I would love to help in any way possible. Email me  at bigbutttheory (at) gmail (dot) com .

7 comments:

  1. I know it's too late to join this challenge but just want to say "thank you" for creating it. Challenges have helped me so much during my journey and I know you are helping a lot of people by putting them together.

    Please keep me on the list of blogs/emails to add to the next challenge!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year I decided to focus on my weight loss and making exercise time a top priority. I currently work out about 4-6 times a week.

    I know a lot of people can't do this, which is one of the reasons I wanted to do it now because I can and also because the sooner I get fit, the quicker I can get back to a more sociable life :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an awesome idea. Goals like that always excite me and get me started and exercise is my weakest area right now. I think I may need to set a goal like this for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so true! I noticed at the beginning of the year i was making so many excuses about exercise, but there is plenty of time in the day to fit a work-out in, what can be more important than your health for those 30 or so minutes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was brought here by someone else's blog Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Check a few of my Fav Blogs

Follow by Email-You'll get an email everytime I updated my little spot in the blog-o-sphere