I love the New Year. It always brings new goals, new dreams, new inspiration. It does for me at least. This year is no different. I have great goals for myself. However, before I share my goals for 2014 maybe I should review how I did in 2013.
These were my goals from 2013...
- Vertical Gastric Sleeve Surgery ( completed April 2013)
- Educational Specialist Degree Completion (achieved December 2013)
- become a "CrossFit" chick (Do not achieve)
- increase physical activity and track it (Did it, but not consistently)
- plan meals weekly (Do not achieve.)
- VGS prep (5 parts) (Completed March 2013)
- dejunk my house (Did some of you it but still have a ways to go.)
- create and follow household chore schedule(Do not achieve.)
- actively pursue career advancement (Did it, but not consistently)
- blog minimum 4 days a week (Do not achieve.)
- QT with hubby increase frequency(Did it, but not consistently)
- strengthen spiritual life (Do not achieve.)
At first glance, it would seem that 2013 was not a successful year goal/resolution wise. However, I fee like with all on my plate it was a great year. of course, it could have been better but I am still grateful and pleased with where I ended in 2013.
I weighed 255.8 # on Jan 14, 2013 and this morning I weighed 188. That is a total weight loss so far of over 65#s. That alone makes me smile. So now I have to deal with what i want to achieve in 2014.
There is some obvious similarity in this list compared to last year's list, but that is OK with me.
2014 Focus Points
I will share more about these goals in my next blog post.