10.02.2014

Boundaries.

I like the concept in day four. Day #4 talks about looking at what you eat to lose weight in terms of boundaries. Boundaries give you guidelines and not rigidity.  Think of it as staying in between the lines on the road to success. The assignment at the end was simple. Two columns one for weight loss and one for maintenance. 

Maintenance I think is the easier one to deal with first. I have been able to maintain the weight for about eight months. Next involves eating normally with the occasional snack and exercise 3 to 4 days a week. It also allows for eating out once or twice a week as long as I don't overindulge. 

Figure out the boundaries for weight-loss is what I'm tweaking out now. I've lost the bulk two thirds of the way I want to lose. I only have no more than 35 pounds to go. So I've set up some guidelines for myself. Keeping my carbs low my proteins high and making sure I get in at least 10,000 steps a day. But the most important thing to me is not mindlessly eating. I think that is how I ended up in maintenance and didn't hit my goal within the first year or so.. 

I got comfortable being a lot smaller. However I'm not so comfortable that I'm happy where I'm at. Hence the need for boundaries that I am now Enforcing. 

Oh by the way I'm down about half a pound from Sunday and I'm going to fight the urge and not weigh in again until Sunday as well. The game I play with the scale is one I don't want to play anymore.  This weight-loss battle is not fought in days it's fought in weeks and months and moments. 

Four days down 96 to go... On no wait it's actually a lifetime to go. I'm worth and I deserve and I will have a healthy lifestyle for the second half of my life. 

On a more random note I decided to include a picture of something that brought me a great deal of joy this evening. In the midst of drama and handling a bunch stuff I didn't want to do. On a quick stop to OfficeMax I found this beautiful display of what looked like 1 million pens and it made me all warm and fuzzy inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check a few of my Fav Blogs

Follow by Email-You'll get an email everytime I updated my little spot in the blog-o-sphere