11.19.2015

Specify

The first letter is S.H.I.F.T. stands for "Specify your desired outcome".  It sounds simple enough but I can tell you from personal experience that it is not as easy as it sounds.

There are so many things I want to improve in my life. I sometimes wonder if that is because I am never satisfied or because I am someone who is looking to be my best person. I like to think that it is the latter. :-)
Some of the areas I want to improve in no particular order are:

  • my career
  • my organization
  • my fitness/health level
  • my finances
  • my friendship circle
So focusing in on one is more challenging than I originally thought it would be. But since I have signed up for 6 OCRs (Obstacle Course Races) and a 15k in 2016. I need to get my health and fitness on the forefront of my priority list. 

So there it is. I want to be healthier. Wow... that sounds so generic and bland. So i need to do some closer evaluations.

I want to be able to run a minimum of 30 minutes without stopping, be able to cross monkey bars, have my body weight and body fat in a normal range before my 45 birthday in 2016.


Questions posed by the book....

What is prompting me to seek this goal/outcome?  This is not a new goal for me. I have been pursuing health and fitness for awhile. I have in the past come up short of reaching my goals. I want to be more consistent and deliberate in how you chose to treat my physical body.

Why do I care so much now about reaching this goal?  I have eliminated other issues that were holding me back. I had the VSG so  now I cant over eat. I had the MMO so now my baby bulge is gone. So now I just need to get focused and get fit.

What would happen if I didn't reach this goal?  I would stay the same weight and have the same abilities physically that i have now. Over time, however, those would diminish and I could gain weight or lose muscle and/or cardio strength.

So that is more goal... but I wonder if I am covering it with enough detail. Only time will tell. 

2 comments:

  1. It is the latter! Definitely the latter!! I wish I could come to your house, kick Lamar out the bed for a few hours and let you Tevo all the best shit I never knew I missed on TV for a few hours.... or days!!! I'm so proud of the woman you have always been... and the woman you have become!! Keep Striving Sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Love your goals! Can't wait to hear the reports from the 15K and the obstacle courses....and of course your training efforts!

    ReplyDelete

Check a few of my Fav Blogs

Follow by Email-You'll get an email everytime I updated my little spot in the blog-o-sphere